Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Popping in to say hi!

Here I am, enjoying a little bit of (rare) Moya tranquility. If only we could harness her energy, we'd never have to pay an electricity bill again.



Moya loves snow.



We decided to put up some Christmas lights on the outside of the house.  Here's Jim, about to do the peak, since he's tallest.



And James, finishing up.  Cherry belly!!!!!



James and Jim have been splitting wood for the woodstove. James enjoys splitting wood, which sort of surprised me, but it's good exercise so I'm happy for it!



See the hat James is wearing in the pic above? It was one of the projects I put on my newly-launched crafting website, called The Pink Sewing Machine. Here's James modeling for the post that explains how I made his hat. I love his smile.



And speaking of smiles, this really brought a smile to all our faces! Big Jim went to Eagle Plaza in Dallas, where the names of all the Circle 10 Eagle Scouts are engraved in marble surrounding a brass eagle statue. We weren't able to see James' engraving in person because it hadn't been installed before we moved, so we were very happy to see this photo Big Jim emailed us earlier this week:



Big Jim and Mary are coming to stay with us over Thanksgiving weekend, and they'll be here on Wednesday. Jim and James are driving in to Anchorage to pick them up (a four-hour drive) while I stay here to keep an eye on the dogs and put finishing touches on the house and prep for the Thanksgiving meal. I hope the roads are clear on Wednesday. We're having some freezing rain right now and are due for some snow in the next couple days. Some fresh snow would be nice!

2 comments:

  1. Jim (of the wild ride variety)November 24, 2009 at 1:03:00 AM CST

    Moya loves snow. When we go running she dips her face near the ground and scoops up snow to quench her thirst, without missing a beat. I've seen birds do this on lakes. Makes sense this is how sled dogs drink on the go.

    Moya and Belle got to explore the neighborhood and surrounding territory on their own yesterday. About an hour of off the leash adventuring while their silly humans tried desperately to find them. Eventually I saw them across the frozen lake and they came to me. Not the sort of adventure I want to repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Hoov loves to "truffle pig" in the snow. Who knows what wonders lurk beneath the frozen blanket of white, errr, sometimes yellow.....
    Looks as if you guys are settling in nicely. So happy for you..and proud of you as well. Quite a change from Texas.

    ReplyDelete