Monday, December 23, 2013

Week Seven Meals


Week Seven! We're almost done with our goal of two months. One more week to go! Here's what we ate this past week:

Sunday, December 15:
Breakfast - unless otherwise noted, breakfast is eggs fried in butter
Lunch - unless otherwise noted, lunch is leftovers
Supper - hamburger/sausage patties, fried potatoes, beet greens

Monday, December 16:
Supper - roast chicken, red cabbage and mixed veggies

Tuesday, December 17:
Supper - roast pork chops over spicy sauerkraut, carrots

Wednesday, December 18:
Supper - chicken and potatoes

Thursday, December 19:
Supper - beef stew

Friday, December 20:
Supper - pork chops, sauerkraut, carrots, edible pod peas

Saturday, December 21:
Supper - steak, edible pod peas, bacon jack baked potatoes
Dessert - homemade ice cream sandwiches

Where it came from:
Barley flour - Delta Junction
Beef - Homer
Beet greens - Soldotna
Butter - homemade
Cabbage - Soldotna and Nikiski
Carrots - Palmer
Cauliflower - Soldotna
Celery - Soldotna
Cheese - homemade
Chicken - Funny River
Edible pod peas - Soldotna
Eggs - home grown and locally grown from the feed store
Honey - Kasilof
Pork - Funny River
Potatoes - Sutton

This week, I took some days off work to prepare my own holiday gifts and baked goods. And I confess - I ate some treats. After having little to no sugar for so long, eating some sugary snacks made my heart pound. And not in a good way - it was borderline uncomfortable for about an hour. That night I had the first problem with my restless leg syndrome in several weeks. Remind me of that if I'm tempted to go back to my old way of eating, okay?

I am pleased to report I'm down a jean size now!

There's only a little more than a week in our Alaska Food Experiment. It's hard to believe it's gone by so fast. Two holidays occur during those last few days, too - Christmas, and James' birthday. Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment